For latest information and updates on RVTD service and alerts please visit our RVTD Alerts page at www.rvtd.org/alerts
RVTD is working with local officials and agencies to respond to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and would like to remind passengers and the public to follow the new Oregon Executive Order 20-12 "Stay Home, Save Lives". Please stay at home unless absolutely necessary.
At this time RVTD service levels are normal. We realize there are members of the public in critical industries who are exempt from the Executive Order, who still need to get to jobs, and who rely on public transit. We will provide information on any changes to our service on the www.rvtd.org website, within buses and through social media. At this time, service is operating normally on all routes.
To help avoid the spread of contagions, we request that passengers:
- Limit non-essential business at Front Street Station's customer service window and administration offices.
- Do not use transit unless necessary.
- If you do use transit, provide at least 6 feet between you and other passengers if at all possible. Be considerate of other passengers.
- If you are concerned about being in proximity to others, please consider bicycling or walking.
- Carry hand sanitizer or sanitation wipes to maintain a good hygiene.
RVTD continues to monitor ways to decrease the spread of the COVID-19 within the buses and uses a hospital grade, anti-viral cleaning solution on all high touch surfaces daily. The cleaned surfaces are helping to mitigate the spread but please use caution and be aware of your own abilities to maintain a healthy use of public transit and other public places.
If the situation changes, we’ll work with health authorities to keep riders and employees safe. We’ll keep you updated – make sure you’re signed up to receive alerts or follow us on Facebook
In the meantime, we encourage riders to follow the recommendations of local and national health authorities.
Oregon Health Authority
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention