Transit Coach Operator:
(Guarantee of 60 hours per two-week pay period)
Rogue Valley Transportation District currently has openings for qualified transit coach operators to fill on-call, extra-board positions. Starting wage: $20.13/hr. w/benefits. Applicants must possess an excellent driving record, a Commercial Driverís License (CDL) w/passenger and air brake endorsements, and excellent inter-personal skills. Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check. A copy of driverís license is required at time of application. Those interested may obtain an application and complete job description at www.rvtd.org or at the RVTD Administration Office, 3200 Crater Lake Ave., Medford, OR 97504 or by calling (541) 608-2401.
Click here to download Job Description
Vehicle Fueler II
Under general supervision fuels, washes, cleans, and performs other service functions on District coaches, support vehicles and other work as required. Must be able to work unsupervised on Saturdays and have a mechanical aptitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Download complete job description.
- Moves District vehicles from various parking areas to the Fuel Island.
- Safely fuel equipment with proper fuel, check and adjust engine oil, transmission oil and other fluids as needed.
- Check air pressure in all tires and fill out all required paperwork as instructed.
- Operate automated vehicle wash.
- Clean interior and exterior of transit coaches and support vehicles. Interior cleaning to include windows, walls, seats, rails, mopping, stripping and waxing of floors, etc.
- Sweep, clean and maintain work area.
- Practice safe work habits to include wearing safety equipment when required. Reports unsafe working conditions to supervisor.
- Pull fare box vaults from buses and empty them into vault receiver, then place empty vault back in bus.
- On Saturdays, assess minor mechanical problems and determine if, when and how vehicles may be replaced on route or at the Transfer Station.
- Perform other work as required by Fleet Maintenance Supervisor or shift supervisor.