May 14-20, 2018
2018 Go By Bike Week celebrates, encourages, and promotes bicycling as a healthy, affordable, sustainable and fun mode of transportation. You can participate by simply taking the pledge below, getting on your bike and going for a ride.
If you are the competitive type you can participate in the Go By Bike Week Challenge and log all of your bike trips using Drive Less Connect and be entered to win prizes! We hope to see you at one of our events.
Whether you bike to work or school; ride to save money or time; pump those pedals to preserve your health or the environment; or simply to explore your community, Go By Bike Week is an opportunity to celebrate the unique power of the bicycle and the many reasons we ride.
Ya sea que vayas en bicicleta al trabajo o a la escuela; montar para ahorrar dinero o tiempo; pedales para su salud o el medio ambiente; o simplemente para explorar su comunidad, Go By Bike Week es una oportunidad para celebrar el poder único de la bicicleta y las muchas razones por las que montamos.
Ride your bike. Win Prizes! It's easy.
Anda en bici. Registra sus viajes. Gana premios.
- Take the pledge to ride your bike! Comprométete a montar en tu bicicleta!
- Create your Drive Less Connect account (if you haven't already). Crea tu cuenta de Drive Less Connect (si aún no lo has hecho)
- Log your trips on Drive Less Connect from May 14-20 an be entered to win prizes. Registre sus viajes en Drive Less Connect del 14 al 20 de mayo para ganar premios.
- Come join us for an event! Visítenos para un evento!
- (4) $25 Cycle Sport Gift Certificates (Log at least 5 bike trips)
- (2) $50 Piccadilly Bike Store Gift Certificates (Log at least 10 bike trips)
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Tickets (2) $150 Value
- Full Set LED Bike Lights
- Serfas Bike Floor Pump
- (20) $5 Dutch Bros Coffee Gift Cards
Log your bike trips in Drive Less Connect during the week of May 14-20 to automatically enter to win prizes!
Pledge to ride during Go By Bike Week
Art in Bloom: Open Streets Night
Friday, May 11th. 5:30pm-8:00pm. N. Bartlett St. at Pear Blossom Park, Medford.
Join us at Art in Bloom Open Streets Night to get an early start to the Art in Bloom activities. Open Streets Night promotes healthy, active living by opening the city’s largest public space, our streets, for people to walk, bike, and roll to discover active transportation in a safe, car-free environment.
Bring your bicycle or just your feet, and get ready to explore your community streets in a safer, healthier, more livable way. Ride your bike, walk, or take the bus to Open Streets Nights and receive a free safety light and a chance to win a $50 Cycle Sport Gift Card!
- Worlds Slowest Bike Race sponsored by Common Block Brewing Company. The last one to the finish line is the winner! Slowest biker receives a $100 Gift Card to Common Block Brewing, prizes for participants! Free to participate, register by 6:30pm to compete.
- Bike Powered Smoothies: Want a sweet, refreshing smoothie? Hop on RVTD’s Bike Powered Smoothie Machine and pedal your own delicious fruit smoothie.
- Live BMX Freestyle Demo by Pro BMX Freestyle TeamFor more information visit: RVTD.org/GoByBike
Monday, May 14th:
Share the Trail: Ashland
5pm-6pm, Central Bike Path, Hunter Park, Ashland
Join us along the Central Bike Path and enjoy some bike powered smoothies and receive free bike lights and trail maps.
Tuesday, May 15th
Share the Trail: Medford
12pm -1pm. Bear Creek Greenway, Bear Creek Park, Medford
Join us along the Greenway and enjoy some bike powered smoothies and receive free bike lights and trail maps.
Wednesday, May 16th
Ashland Bike Breakfast:
7:30am-9:00am. Railroad Park, Ashland.
Enjoy some snacks and conversation while you ride to school, work, or fun. Sponsored by Ashland Park and Recreation Department.
Ride of Silence:
7:00pm. Hawthorne Park, Medford.
Join Siskiyou Velo and take the roads in a silent procession to bring road safety awareness and promote the rights of cyclists. Please arrive 15 minutes early for ride overview and safety announcements. For more information visit: siskiyouvelo.org
Thursday, May 17th
Ride begins on Bear Creek Greenway at Hawthorne Park (adjacent to dog park), Medford.
Join Go Vets for a family friendly, 4-mile bike ride to show your appreciation for Veterans in the Rogue Valley, helmets required. There will be a social after the ride.
Friday, May 18th
National Bike to Work Breakfast:
7:00am-9:00am. Hawthorne Park, Medford.
Enjoy National Bike to Work Day with some warm breakfast and refreshments along the Greenway. Free bike safety gear will be distributed. Brought to you by City of Medford.
Ride with Leaders:
3:00pm-5:00pm. Ride begins at Common Block Brewing.
MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE.
Please join local transportation planning and policy leaders on the Rogue Valley Ride with the Leaders bike ride. Hosted by the Jackson County Bicycle Committee and the City of Medford Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, the ride will feature a relaxed 8-mile tour of city and county roads in the Medford area. The start and finish location will be Common Block Brewing Co. in downtown Medford, where refreshments will be available after the ride. Please register in advance and be ready to ride at 3:00. With a mellow pace and a few stops along the way, the ride should finish up around 5:00. We look forward to seeing you there!
Riders are expected to follow the traffic laws and practice safe riding. Bring your own bike and helmet.
Registration Link: https://ridewithleaders.eventbrite.com